A1c levels chart
type 2 diabetes - and not even know it. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you should test your blood sugar if :
- You urinate too often
- You constantly feel thirsty
- Lose weight for no reason
- You have fatigue or blurred vision
All these symptoms can signify diabetes or pre - diabetes, and you should ask your doctor to check your blood sugar levels or A1clevels chart. These are some of the tests can run your doctor:
- Hemoglobin A1C ( abbreviated HbA1c ) - sometimes rated as a glycosylated hemoglobin , a common screening test , such as blood glucose over time was .
- Fasting plasma glucose or FPG - test blood sugar at least eight hours after a meal , which , sometimes a fasting glucose level.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance - drink a bottle of glucose measured and then their blood is taken at hourly intervals , to check blood sugar levels over time .
A1c levels chart
All above tests will be ordered by your doctor, you can not do this with every home game . The first test is normally carried out fasting glucose , and other tests, such as tests of HbA1c and tolerance can be performed if the first test is abnormal.
If you are facing - diabetics have impaired fasting glucose , but follow- up tests may be normal , because their blood sugar levels have not enough raised to appear on all tests.
Figure sugar levels - A1c levels chart
These are the normal ranges for the last three:
- The hemoglobin A1C level (%): About 5
- Fasting blood glucose (mg / dl) : under 99
Glucose tolerance - test (mg / dl) : under 139
Pre- diabetes values
- Hemoglobin A1c (%) - 05:07 to 06:04
- Fasting blood glucose (mg / dl) : 100-125
Tolerance Test - Glucose ( mg / dl) : 140-199
- Hemoglobin A1c (%) - 6.5 or more
- Fasting blood glucose (mg / dl) : 126 or more
- Glucose tolerance test (mg / dL ) : 200 or more
Source: American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes - in 2012.
|a1c levels chart to what blood sugar is|
Here are some other important points to consider :
- Anyone over 45 should be tested for pre-diabetes .
- If you are overweight and none of the above symptoms, you should be tested , even if you are under 45 years old.
- If you have pre- diabetes, you are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes in manufacturing in 10 years.
To prevent patients with pre- diabetes type 2 diabetes, easily filled with subtle changes in diet and exercise.
Disclaimer : The information in this article is derived from the information found in medical journals and the media , to ensure the health reports. Nothing in this article is intended as medical advice . For the treatment of specific information about your condition, consult your physician .